Commuting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl G.

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi guys

I am at a kind of a cross road at the moment. Considering selling my car and buying a bike to commute with.

To give background: I am married and my wife has a car, so going on holiday or driving around on weekends to do shopping or whatever, we'll still be sorted. Furthermore, I am a clerk at an attorney at the moment, will be admitted next year. Would you do business with a guy that keeps rocking up with a bike to meetings, etc.? :D

Although I am quite excited about this, I would just like to get advice from some of you guys who are regular commuters, i.e. 'permanent' commuters. I know that a lot of you do commute with your bikes, but I presume most of you have the option to take the car when necessary.

The thing is that if I sell my car to buy a bike, I obviously won't have the option to take the car when, say for instance, it's a rainy day.

But I've seen a lot of people still riding bike when it rains, and it doesn't seem like it's a big problem.

In short: Is having only a bike doable?