Covid and border crossings between Namibia and SA - Jan 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

witblitz

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Enduro
Hi

My girlfriend and I area leaving to Namibia next week for a wedding and planning to tour for 10 -12 days before coming back to SA at the end of Jan 2022. So I am going to see Namibia in the bakkie and not the bike. So I have some questions regarding border crossings and covid tests. Maybe someone has recent experience with crossing in Dec 2021 or Jan 2022.

Entry to Namibia at Vioolsdrift / Noordoewer
From what I have read I understand we need to have a negative PCR test that is less than 72 hours old.
We are doing PCR tests on 5 Jan 2022 so should have results in time to cross Vioolsdrift on Friday 7 Jan 2022.
Do we need our PCR results printed on paper?
Must the document be stamped by the lab?
Must an antigen or rapid test be performed at the border crossing as well?

Return to SA at Vioolsdrift / Noordoewer
I am getting mixed feedback from people upon the return to SA with regards to the requirements with PCR and rapid tests.
What is required to return to SA? From what I understand a negative PCR test less than 72h old.
Must we do a rapid test at the border as well?
If we require a PCR test, the last place we can test is in Keetmanshoop as will stay a night in the area, does anyone have experience with Diagnolab in Keetmanshoop?
What happens if we get a positive PCR test and arrive at NoordOewer to return to SA? Do they stop us from entering SA or force us into isolation somewhere?

I am not sure if this changes things, I have a SA ID and passport, but my girlfriend has a SA ID and foreign passport (She has residency but not citizenship in SA).

Thanks in advance.