DadnDaughter trip 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

63magic

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
hi all

well, the plan was to go solo on a round SA trip.. after thinking about it, maybe not such a good idea for a single woman, inexperienced..

so Dad said, why don't WE go? now, my dad is 72, has LOTS of experience on bikes, and is still game for a long distance trip! Wonderful!

First he bought a 1981 Honda XL500, did some work on it (esp suspension).. but I didn't like the idea of taking an old, kickstarting scrambler on the long trip, so convinced the Dad to buy GundaGunda's Kawa KLE500...

now it's all systems go (except for a few small items..watch this space) and we are leaving on Tuesday 15 Dec, aiming to be back just before New Year.

The route

Pretoria - Golden Gate, camping one night

Clarens - Cradock, spend a few days with family on a farm 60 kms outside Cradock...

Cradock to St Francis, spending a day with a friend of Dad's

St Francis - Baviaanskloof (need to fit in a side trip via De Rust and Swartberg Pass)

Baviaanskloof to Vleesbaai (near Mosselbay), spending a few days with Dad's friend

Vleesbaai to Attakwaskloof for a night with the EC dogs

Attakwaskloof to Eendekuil via Cederberg, doing some day routes in that area, including Lambertsbaai

Eendekuil to Kimberley to visit my 86-year old great aunt

Kimberley - home again.

I can't wait!!!
:ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:

DadnDaughtertrip2009.jpg