Dads Day Ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
Bear with me as this is my first one.... wish I took more pichas tho...Dads day Ride

Being fathers day this Sunday past, what a great opportunity for a ride..
We planned a little excursion into Glendale valley & out thru Mapumulo.
The weather was great, leaving at about 830 to miss the chill..
Winter is my favorite for the quality of the light as well as the colour of the dry grass…
dsc00701n.jpg

Was a great day out… We started from Salt Rock, & took an offshoot from the Cranbrook turnoff, which I ride quite a bit…
Saw a large black mamba sunning himself on the road, not too far into the dirt… We both
( the snake & I ),  sh@t ourselves a little, & went our separate ways.. ( no time for pics)
Got onto quite a steep pass going into Glendale, with a few nice turns ( still need to ride UP this one, been down a few times…)
dsc00711xq.jpg
dsc00709mm.jpg

Some loose cricket ball sized rocks & a few washouts, the old wily GS rider took it all in his stride…
dsc03347n.jpg

Entering the valley we headed up toward Mapumulo..
Took in the view over the Umvoti ( whilst I had a quick smoke break)
dsc00716ti.jpg

Last time my dad had ridden here was on his XR500 with me as a 12 year old pillion a long time ago..
( Which may have been 26 years back!!)

Took a wrong turn along here somewhere as we were hoping to connect with the Upper Tongaat road…, & ended up in Mapumulo town…

Figured we’d just take the tar back to Glendale & head out that way on the dust….
Stopped for the view again on the way out, looking back to where we’d been…
dsc03349a.jpg

What a great day!!
( ps – if you see my dad on 26 November wish him happy birthday – he’ll be celebrating his 70th..)