Dag julle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
My name is Jan and during my last holiday I was bitten on the ass by a 80cc scooter on a Croatian island. One year ago my feeling towards bikes were that you'll never see me on one. I'm shit scared of them and it's dangerous. Now I can't stop thinking of traveling through Africa on an adventure bike with my mates. 

Seeing that my experience is minimal and my knowledge of bikes just as bad, I need your help. Where do I start? I was looking at the BMW G650 GS. They say it's a good entry level bike.  Any opinions? For a start I would use it for commuting every now and again (probably more than I'd like to admit) just to get a the hang of it. But my goal is to reach a level of skill that would permit me to go deep into Africa on wild adventures.

Can you recommend good places to learn basic riding skills as well as advanced off-road skills? Preferably a place that caters for newbies without bikes and gear.

Good to be here!

Jan

Latest posts