Dakar Mods - Help needed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperDave

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hi all technical Wild People,

Anybody who can help me with a couple of mods on my Dakar?
Help or advice will be greatly appreciated!

Here’s the details!  :deal:

1.  New handlebars:

A while ago(almost 2 years now...) I bought Renthal handlebars to replace the original handlebars as Michnus, and a few other, did...

Michnus DIY link:
https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=45130.0

I cannot say that I haven’t had time to do it but my tools are more of a problem...or should I say lack thereof...
And the fact that it would probably take me longer than planned would mean that I would have to commute with 4 wheels longer than necessary.

IMG-20130122-00071_zps2ed12e89.jpg

2. Wanted :

One of my indicators broke lose in a wild attempt to wheelie of a mountain.
I have tried gluing it, BMW have tried gluing it but to no avail...it only lasts a couple of km’s...

Do you need the WHOLE back part or only the part where the indicators are located?
I will try ACME or whomever...

IMG-20130122-00069_zpsbdaa52a3.jpg

IMG-20130116-00059_zps95933022.jpg

3. Pannier rack:

One of my side pannier frames decided to bend...not a biggy but doesn’t look right...!

IMG-20130122-00068_zps96a54f8f.jpg

4. Exhaust’s:

First I want to know if it’s worth it to take out the baffle?
I’m thinking of turning the one pipe into a tool tube....

Or is it better to leave the exhaust stock standard and buy one of the tool tubes on the forum?

I’m not sure what it sounds like with the baffle removed and it really doesn’t bother me if my bike makes a noise or not...if it does make a noise I don’t want it to sound like “I tried to gut my exhaust so that it sounds like a Leo Vince....but now it sounds like a 250 being throttled....”

Priority:

First -  Install handlebars  :ricky:
Secondly -  Fix up the indicator
Third -  Bend side pannier frame to(hopefully) what it looked like when I bought it from   
                  Groenie...!
Fourth      -  Exhaust tool tube conversion... 

Payment:

Cash, beers....both....as long as someone can do it correctly and doesn't stuff it up!  :deal:
I don't mind spending the day helping out...actually, would prefer it!  :thumleft: 

Thanking everybody in advance!  ;D ;D ;D