• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Damn I wish I didn't have to do this... Its Gone now...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Zog

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL500S
:'(Price drop - Now R160k
But the budget has squeezed even tighter and I've no other option.  :'(  

My pride and joy has to go...

2012 BMW R1200GS Adventure. Licensed until 07/2014

I bought her in August 2012, so still about a year of factory warranty left. She has only about 8 700km on her, and she'll have her annual service in September. She is "full house", all the standard factory extras like ABS, ESA, heated grips, TC, etc. Also the BMW panniers and top box. Price is R175 000.00 not neg unfortunately, thats what I still owe BMW Finance  :deal:

Other extras include:

Pooratech 12 Volt accessory socket

Pooratech Tooltube

Pooratech sidestand bigfoot

Pooratech spot light raisers

As well as the following:
Wild @ Heart Headlight and oil cooler cover
Wild @ Heart Potentiometer cover
Wild @ Heart pillion offroad footpegs
Assault tankbag (extendable type)
Front fender extender
Mini Compressor
Tyre repair plug kit
Garmin Quest GPS with holder
Brand new spare set of Anakee II's

The panniers and the top box are lined with marine grade carpeting to stop rattling and chafing.
I made attachment straps for panniers and top box to attach extra kit (see 1st pic)

I haven't crashed this bike, but it did fall over in the mud a couple of times. There is a tiny scratch on the right side crash bar. I fitted extra LED tail and brake lights on the back of the top box, but in doing so I tripped the tail light circuit. According to the Haynes manual all it needs to sort this is a reset on the workshop computer. I'm out of the country until September, and was planning on getting this done at the annual service.

SharingRoads has very kindly agreed to assist me with the logistics of the sale while I am away, thanks boet  :thumleft:

This bike is my baby, and I am gutted to have to make this decision, but I know that once the financials get a bit better I'll be back on two wheels.

Once a biker, always a biker.

EDIT: Extra pics added (thanks Douglas and Angie  :thumleft: )

Ok, so I was wrong. The exact mileage is 8832km.

Side view without pannier. The Land Rover sticker is free, its guaranteed to cause oil leaks and breakdowns at least every two days  :peepwall:  :pot:  :ricky:

Side view with pannier

Front view

Rear view. Note the two LED strips, one for tail light, one for brake light. Super bright high-level safety. Speak to Luke on this forum for yours...

Headlight protector

Garmin Quest GPS holder. Wired through aux panel, fused and switched.

Rear. Tool tube, poop scoop...

Panniers. In good nick, some very minor scratches, no deeep dents or holes or other damage.

Tank bag, not zipped on, just in place for show...

Purchased from Zambezi BMW in September last year. Both original keys as well as plastic spare will be supplied to the new proud owner.