Dave Barr Charity Event Fundraiser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martina

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Hi all!

Soooo, Dave Barr is starting his journey on the 1st of May 2014 and will be in Addo on the 8th of May.

I have attached the invite (I hope it has uploads - let me know if there are any problems).

We are organising a fundraiser for his cause (Cheshire Home and QASA). All the info and details are on the invite attached.

However, if you cant read or see it, please pm me your email (should you be interested in supporting these causes) and I will gladly email you the invite.

Time is running out and I need RSVP's and payments on or preferably before 30 April 2014 please (for catering, bar etc purposes).

Any questions, please dont hesitate to contact me

Hope we can support this fellow biker  :3some: that is riding for an extremely good cause!  :deal:

Ta,
Martina

Here is a short story about the legendary Dave Barr

Dave Barr, an American man who joined the SADF, lost his legs when his Jeep hit a landmine in Angola while Dave was the legendary Colonel Jan Breytenbach’s machine gunner.

Dave recovered and after returning to combat duties on prosthesis’s, finally left the army and embarked on a life­long quest to help other disabled people come to terms with their disabilities.

Dave chose Cheshire Homes as his favoured charity as it had been started by another soldier, the VC winner Leonard Cheshire of WW2.

Dave took on the almost unbelievable challenge of circumnavigating the world , alone, on his Harley Davidson motorcycle. No one, never mind a disabled person, had ever done this before. In 1994, Dave completed 132 000km and entered the Guinness Book of World Records for the first of three entries.

After this stupendous feat, he also crisscrossed Australia and crossed Siberia in winter , alone on his Harley. During his journeys, Dave gave motivational talks to disabled people and raised money for the worldwide Cheshire Homes organisation.

This year Dave returns to South Africa, where it all started and he asks your support in his ride around the whole country to help the disabled bikers and ex-servicemen in South Africa.

Attachments

• Invitation for Dave Barr WD PDF.pdf
    467.4 KB · Views: 26