DE WILDT RIDE (2 APRIL 2011) POSTPONED / CONVERTED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lightning1

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
PLEASE SEE POST AT END OF CURRENT POSTS (OR THERE ABOUT), TO THE EFFECT THAT THE RIDE HAS TO BE POSTPONED, AND WILL NOT GO AHEAD ON 2 APRIL 2011. 

I was just looking through some old De Wildt ride reports, and came across a comment from Mark Hardy stating that he would love to ride De Wildt. Of course, he did this from the relative safety of some or other old Colonial hangout, but now he is up in Johannesburg!

The reports also reminded me of how great the riding was, so I think it is time for another one!

The ride is for adventure bikes only, with the minimum displacement being 600 cc, to ensure that the pace and abilities of the bikes are fairly similar. ie No Plastics! Sorry about that!

We definitely need some of the old regulars, like ThinkMike, Eggs, Malibu and Gundagunda there!  

Date now determined: 2 APRIL 2011

TEAM:
Lightning1
Jules
Mark
MadMike
Malibu
GreatWhite
Eggs
Shesha
Pistol
EATMYKTM
Crowley
Rolling Stone
Adventureboy

As you can see, the group is getting fairly large, but nothing to worry about. If it gets much bigger, we will split it into two, and meet up regularly. There are always last minute cancellations, so let's just see.

Do not be put off by the length of this thread. All the info you will need will be in this first post. It will be regularly updated.