Dealer Blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tusk

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
:mad: It seems I really know how to pick them.

The dealer I bought the GS800 from still cannot or will not provide me with the reg papers.
I paid by transfer for the bike before I took delivery and was promised reg papers within 2 days. I went in a few times and each time I was told that the computors are not working and it will be sorted soon.
Today I called BMW Joburg and it seems they wont release the reg papers. They wont say why, but I 'm starting to get the feeling the local dealer hasn't paid them. So if I'm correct where do I sit? I have the bike and Joburg BMW has the reg papers so they own it.

The temp licence papers have also expired so I can't ride at the moment :xxbah:

To top it all off last week Tuesday I bought some farkles from Bikegear in PE.
The SW motech crash bars are great and fitted well. The bash plate came unpainted so I had that powder coated black and it fits well, no problems.
Then I buy the alu rack with soft luggage rack and adaptor plate. Here everthing goes pear shaped and it turns out the store staff cant find the correct alu rack. Matt promises to go and look for it himself as the stock shows he has 2 of them. This didn't seem to happen dispite my calls. Then a week later (last monday) when I call him yet again, I get told I can have a second hand one and I will be refunded part of the costs :( 
I get one of my staff to collect the unit the next day and it turns out that the plate is slightly bent and I will need to get it straightened and re powdercoated. I sent it in today. Still no refund or any further mention of it from bikegear, I guess he's still very busy...