December adventure trip to the Cape

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kobus Jacobs

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Ok, I have made up my mind and the planning for my trip down to the Cape(Somerset West) is done. I would like some of the experienced dogs to give me feedback on this and please do not hessitate to give some critisism where needed! The only day's riding that is certain is day 1. From there I have the route planned but will sleep wherever I feel like, be it next to the road in the veld or at a B&B. I have however broken the trip down in day's but part of the adventure is that nothing about this route is cast in stone apart from the final destination.  Here goes:-

Day 1

Leaving Benoni on 21 December for Jacobsdal via Parys, Bothaville, Hoopstad, Hertzogville and from there onto dirtroad to Boshof, Perdeberg and then ending day 1 in Jacobsdal

Day2
Jacobsdal onto the N12 heading for Hopetown. Hopetown to Prieska, onto dirtroad to Van Wyksvlei,Carnavon, Loxton(tar)

Day 3

Leave from wherever I camped/slept for the R63 connecting with the R63 at Droeputs to Williston and Calvinia. Turn south-east onto dirt heading for Middelpos and Sutherland via the "Ouberg Pass". Will sleep wherever I feel too tired to continue.

Day 4
Somerset West via Ceres, Wellington and Stellenbosch.

As I said, nothing is cast in stone and if I need to or feel like it, I will change things as I go along.

Pleas feel free to make comments.

Latest posts