deWildt! Mud sweat and tears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houbie

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Report of a outride double0-Two and me did to de Wildt on the 13 Nov 2010.

As some of you may recall I asked in (planning a ride) whether or not one can do de Wildt on KLR’s. Everybody said YES, but it will be hard work, and after yesterday I can confirm that it is possible and it is very hard work!( especially the technical river sections)

It was the first time double0-Two and me went to deWildt so we did not really know what to expect. We saw some pics here and there and had a look on google earth, but that was it.
We made our way there early and started from “School Alley”. I must just say the entrance does not look the same as it does on google earth, so with a bit of (spoor sny) we found some mx tracks and just followed them in, and from the word go we knew it was going to be a hell of a fun day! The combination of rocks, sand, thick sand, thicker sand, bumps, mud pools and river section made it a great learning experience in the best possible way.

Here are some pics we took of us mastering the great deWildt. Unfortunately we did not take too many, because it was just the two of us it was a hassle to stop and take pictures all the time, think
I must get myself a helmet cam so that one can get all the action.

Tanks double0-Two for planning this day ride it was a lekker day out. :ricky:
PS. Must say I am very impressed with how my stock standard, no mods 2010 KLR did. Big up to Kawasaki :thumleft:

Attachments

• IMG_0800.jpg
    IMG_0800.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_0803.jpg
    IMG_0803.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_0804.jpg
    IMG_0804.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_0808.jpg
    IMG_0808.jpg