• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dog eats Dog...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henk Geldenhuys

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi,
Just something to be wary about on the buy and sell section.
I Have reasentley bought some kit here on the forum from Robin Harris, AKA "Bronzy". The add read something like this, BMW top box for sale with mounting and inner bag, and one of other handlebar bag,( I don’t remember the name but it was stated) R4000.00.

So I googled the handlebar bag and it was quite nice, also the response on the add was good, so I PM'd him as soon as I could and had First dibs on the goods, ALL the goods as it was sold as one deal, must admit I was mainly after the Topbox and Inner.
The deal went thru and I paid him as any good Dog would do and awaited the arrival of the goodies. The time came, the box was in my living room and as I opened it, there was my top box and the bracket, but NOTHING else. I mailed him about this, and I got this response:

Sent: 01 April 2010 10:14 AM
To: 'Robin Harris'
Subject: RE:
Robin, thanx for the top box I got it last night. Just one thing, think you forgot to put the inner and handlebar bag in the box as they did not come with.
Best Henk

Sent: 01 April 2010 10:34 AM
To: 'Henk Geldenhuys'
Subject: RE:
Howzit henk
Sorry my mistake will send it off next week
Have a great week end
robin

Since then I have sent more mails to him wanting to find out what was going on, but alas, no response and no extras in the post. It is clear he sold the outstanding goods seperatly on the site, as when I went back to the add, he had CHANGED it after words, It stated only the top box being for sale. My only proof now is the mail I got from him telling me he would send the stuff off to me.
So guys, be careful, this is also only business, and our friends would screw you over here just as out there.
H