Dorsland my @ss!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawido

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Wimpie is still missing in action but reportedly on his way back to Windhoek at this moment.  But let me not get ahead of myself....
What started out as an innocent out ride yesterday turned into an adventure of bigger proportions than what we had hoped for.  
I've been threatening to ride down to Kuiseb for a braaivleis for a couple of weeks now.
Eventually yesterday morning the perfect day for the trip dawned on the water soaked Namibian capital!  
Wimpie and I left early taking the road over Us pass towards our destinations for the night.  
Him returning to Swakop after getting his Dakar serviced in Windhoek and me heading for an undisclosed desolate spot anywhere in the desert.

DVB_2223.jpg

Wimpie on his smart-looking Dakar

DVB_2224.jpg

DVB_2234.jpg

Greenery all around

I was planning to pitch camp at Mirabib expecting the desert to be dry enough for a peaceful night’s sleep!  
Problem turned out to be that we first had to get to Ganab!  
That means we had to cross a few riverbeds referred to as ‘intermittent streams’ on the map!  

DVB_2235.jpg

Well, the farther we rode, the more challenging these intermittent streams became!

DVB_2240.jpg

The idea was that we will ride together up to Ganab where Wimpie will continue home to Swakop about 130km onwards and me then turning south for my night stop.

DVB_2300.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH0EDnAa3-o&feature=player_embedded  (Sorry, I dunno how to do this more elegantly! :-[)

DVB_2265.jpg