Drakensburg Ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navi

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
I had noticed a crack developing on the front rim of the XT but did not think it was serious. After further inspection I noticed that the crack had spread across the rim, so I took the bike in to have it looked at and have a new tyre fitted. The bike guys were not happy with the rim, so that meant a new rim and a new tyre, a bit more than I had budgeted for, but what can you do...
Ok so I got the bike back new rim, tyre and all, it was now time to get that ride in.
I had been plotting to do a bit of exploring done in the Drakensburg, so Drakensburg it was.
I left at about 5:00 this morning, took the Howick Toff, made my way to Dargle, Impendle, Mooiriver via Kamberg and Highmoor nature reserves, then on to Estcourt via Wagensdrift Dam. From there back via Notingham rd. All in all 565km and I could definately have kept going.
An excellent day of riding, attached are some of the pics I took. Only had the cellphone with so here goes...

The map, dargle, impendle

Attachments

• burg ride map.jpg
    burg ride map.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 249
  • Photo0013 [640x480].jpg
    Photo0013 [640x480].jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 244
  • Photo0015 [640x480].jpg
    Photo0015 [640x480].jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 237