• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

DRZ 400 for sale - Sold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidetrack

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Hi guys after alot of soul searching and deliberation I've decided to sell my DRZ  :(

It started life as a 2001 DRZ 400 S, it has the proper subframe and adjustable shocks as per the later E's. As you can see it came with lots of extras and I farkeld it as well. I was the first owner in SA, as it's a Japanese model I don't think it saw any dirt before I bought it five years ago. Parts wise it is identical to any S you would have found in SA. The extras too much to mention, of note is the Athena big bore kit added to the bike at 50 000 km to freshen up the top end. Runner did an excellent job with it and the bike pulls strong, at the same time the cam chain tensioner and cam chain was also replaced. I also added a FCR carb and it has Hotcams as well.

It has never let me down ever no matter where I went, I would not hesitate to get on it now and ride it to Marakesh  :biggrin: I used it for what it was intended for so it has a couple of scratches (see close up) but I like to think of it as character ! I did regular valve clearance inspections and never found it needed adjustment. I also serviced it myself from the day I bought it at 3000 km intervals using Castrol Actevo, only used genuine Suzuki oil filters. I'm selling it with the Dirt Bagz and all parts I have left.

Things changed : I replaced the stock ignition switch with a dirtbike style "on off" switch as the stock item started to intermittantly losing contact. I still have the ignition and two keys the bike came with, it may be fixable. The tank is a Acerbis longrange jobbie meant for a E. I had to make my own bracket but it worked out well. The stock steel tank is also included in the deal. I fitted a new D606 yesterday, the front will need replacing soon. I like to think it's something special there is no other DRZ like it. I will always have fond memories of it.

Model : 2001
Mileage : 63 000 km
Reason for selling : not riding anymore (did about 150 km in the last four months)
Price : R28 000

PM me if interested

DSCF1614.jpg

DSCF1610.jpg

DSCF1611.jpg

DSCF1613.jpg

DSCF1612.jpg

DSCF1615.jpg

DSCF1566.jpg