• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

ducati 500 panta - now with pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbikejohn

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Ok. The bike was in good mechanical order when we left SA back in 1990 and has been laid up ever since.  It had taken a knock shortly after it had the custom spray job done (a car backed into my wife while she was sitting at a stop street). Anyway to get her back on the road in the meantime we did a rough spay of the fairing until we could sort out a new painter. But this never got done as we left SA.
As you can see it has a custom two into one race pipe that sounds great.  The airbox was removed as it ran a lot harder like that.  It had been set up by Wynand  Strydom who had a dyno shop back in the day up near jo’burg.  The gearing was set as per the guys at Ducati SA (the chap who’s on TV now).
This bike could really move and it surprised loads on people on breakfast runs in klerksdorp with Piet van Zyl and the guys. She also ran it at top speed runs up at the drag strip - which I have now forgotten the name of.
After a few years away we came back on holiday and fitted new cam belts and did a service. I got a battery off of my mate Willem and once again the ducati was given a run around Klerksdorp. A few more holidays and it was used each time but it’s not turned a wheel since the in-laws move back as well and it’s been sitting in the brother-in-law’s garage since then.  I believe it’s been kept taxed or licensed as you say in SA.  Documents should also be available.
So………. make us an offer.

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg