Dunlop D908...Leewensgevaarlik

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piston Pete

Teach Peace
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
So on Saturday morning i bullet into KTM to have a new rear tyre but they only got in 140's. No one seems to have 150's in a knobbly unless you want a TKC which as the 950-990 riders will know is an event tyre.
Fitted & i'm off to the Cederberg for a one nighter with some folk. Not a happy chappy. The tyre is making the bike weave & i think i have a headshake. I pull into the Winestop & nitice i have a flat ::)
We replace the tube & off again. The bike is still weaving & behaving badly to the point where i am losing all confidence. This as some might know does not take much!
Any parrallel ripples in the road or change in surface substrate reacts radically with the bike. I am scared to take tar corners so we avoid Bains Kloof & slab it other side of Wellies.
I'm thinking to myself...it must just bed in & all ok. The ride to dirt was uncomfortable to say the least.
As we hit dirt i stop & do a dirt burnout to roughen the tyre & fuck off down the road roosting wherever i can. I did not spend 2k for nothing :p After 20+ kms its still feels like its only riding on the centre & wants to 'fall off' going to the sides. Coming back today we did some dirt & i had a pillion as one of the bikes broke down...GS1200....which was towed into Oasis yesterday....by a 990 ;D
So i up the preload & we ride well on dirt but hitting the tar again its the same story...weaving & feeling uncomfotable....this tyre hates tar?
Dear Abby...what do i do...