Dyno results of XT660's before and after mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freez

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Thought I'll post a few dyno results of a couple of XT660's I worked on lately.

Nothing major was done, just a few bolt on mods. Engines where not touched.

Below is a dyno run of a stock standard XT660R 07 model with about 1000 km on the clock. the blue lines shows HP and torque of the stock bike and the red line is what HP and torque it made after the upgrades. We only upgraded the air cleaner, fitted a powercommander and I made a custom made fuel injection map for the bike.

xt660r07.jpg

The last dyno report is from a XT660X, 06 model with also about 1000 km on the clock.

This one shows 3 graphs.

Blue is stock bike, red line shows the same bike with air cleaner upgrade and powercommander and a default map loaded and the green line shows the same bike with previous mods, but this time we added a set of slip-on pipes and made a custom fuel injection map for it.

xt660x.jpg

The interesting bit is how different the power output is of the stock bikes. The engines are suppose to make the same power, but the XTR was tested with dual sport tyres that had a lot of flex in it and the XTX was tested with road tyres that was almost slicks. 3HP difference purely from the tyres.

Note that it does not mean the bike makes more power, it purely means that the road tyre gripped better on the dyno and transferred the power better. It was also running a higher tyre pressure than the XTR's tyre which also has an effect on the dyno readout.

Note my dyno reads low and what you are looking at is rear wheel HP.

If you compare this to a Hyperpower dyno showing rear wheel HP, add about 12% or take the peak HP I claimed and divide by 0.88 to get this figure. If the Hyperpower dyno was set to display crank HP, you can add about 30% to my dyno readout or take the HP number I showed and divide by 0.7 to get the Hyperpower predicted crank HP output.