Early Saturday Morning to Steytlerville!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
After a great battle to convince Mielie Pap's wife to jump onto the bike with us to join our ride to Steytlerville, which was understandable, she didn't want to be "3" on
the bike as she is early pregnant with their second one...
After all, this was the first for Mielie Pap's wife and mine to ride with us this far!

We left 0730 at the Garage at Fairbridge Heights in Uitenhage!

Our first Stop was just under 50km's at the 2nd turn-off to Kirkwood, a slow 80km/h - 100km/h drive just to see if all passengers was OK an comfortable! ;)

img0021jb.jpg

2011-09-24

Then we decided to pick up the pace after hearing we are driving too slow...
We never can win, can we?

Just about 20km's before Steytlerville, I have reached my 13000km's on the clock with ny 2002 baby! This happened at exactly @ 9'o clock!!!

2011-09-24

Then we drove off to have a quick history flash back of the good old days in South Africa just before entering Steytlerville!

2011-09-24

As we entered the old town for the first time, as I mentioned in planing a Ride https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=79226.0.
We did not expect a old Cowboy look town with a few houses on both sides of the rode and the Royal Hotal in the centre of town with
probably the best breakfast ever....
img0028og.jpg

2011-09-24

img0029kx.jpg

By adriaan_viviers at 2011-09-24

If you ever go to Steytlervile and decide to eat there, please have a Waffle for desert!!! I usually don't eat it, but this was really a treat!!!!
I have enjoyed it so much that I have actually forgot to take some photos of it!

Then after all eating have been done, we had a quick drive through of the town, with stomachs full and very lazy after a great meal, we had to return back to Uitenhage!

At the turn off to Uitenhage after the stretch from Steytlerville we had to stop for a leg stretcher and a leak!!!

2011-09-24

It is actually funny how the road back normally feels much quicker than the initial destination!!!

We really had a fun day!!! All of us!!!

Can't wait for the next one!