EC Toy run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki XF650 Freewind
This years toy run was to me the best one yet, and also my second one.  I had to decide whether to go watch cricket or do the toy run, luckily I opted for the better option.

Last year I did not know if I had to stop at red robots, lane split between car with hundreds of other bikes either roaring past or hooting from behind.  This year they told us to not stop at red robots, and there was marshals at about every major crossing, so it was well organised in my honest opinion.  The toy's that I saw that they collocted made me think some plenty of kiddies where gonna get lekker speelgoed!  The anoucer said that just before the run started they collected R10k just from cash donations! That is something that make me proud to be associated with this event.
The Rover club last year was a better end stop IMHO, but I think the road bikes liked the rugby field better, less gravel under their slicks.

Well here is some of my pics, feel free to add your's and comment.  (Please no comments on my spelling!)

Me and my toy's

Toyrun18.jpg

Some burnouts, this oke made a donut at about every intersection where he thought he would get noticed.  He did not have a rear tyre left when we entred the statium

Toyrun08.jpg

Not everyone enjoyed the smoke and noise

Toyrun11.jpg

Others wanted to make smoke and noise but their mothers said no

Toyrun12.jpg

Before the ride started, bikes to the front:

Toyrun20.jpg

To the rear:

Toyrun21.jpg

And at the stadium, I saw this toy tenere:

Toyrun26.jpg

I did not stay for the draw, but had a lekker bakkie kerrie en rys, and then headed home, my heart feeling better(untill I saw the cricket score) and all in all a well organised and awesome idee for getting toys to the kiddies.