EICMA 2011 - The Bikes - Day 2 - Part1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose

Grey Hound
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
So moerse early on day 2 we leave the Best Western near Malpensa Airport for the show.
Although I was extremely apprehensive about the Italians......... I found their freeways to be superb but their Toll-gates mind-boggling. We passed through 2 Tolls - total cost of 4.60 Euro one way (and I kept telling myself not to do the conversion!)

Back at Fiero - and happy-snapper again............ bliksem this place is huge!!

The main company we were invited to meet with - PIAGGIO not only outclasses BMW with regard to style and design - their stand was double BMW's size to house the massive range of brands they own and support! My wife's company deals with exhibitions and design and she estimated that this stand must have cost in the region of around 1 - 2mil Euro!!

Moto Guzzio Stelvio - a direct attack on the BMW R1200GS............

Now this was something to see. This was a once-off design and build - no expense spared and was for the personal use of the King of Jordan.
Fantastic - workmanship, design, colour.......... man....... style!

The Iconic VESPA - man they just have it!!

The new Moto Guzzi Califonia - beat the Harley...?

DERBI's 50cc - my how the design has changed!!

Wifey being 5"10' trying out the Derbi for size. It's actually got a 885mm seat height - unbelievable and higher than the BMW 650 at 850mm

APRILLIA

SCARABEO Scooters............ Style (Italian design) - but check out their Urban display.......... fantastic & creative!! 

CPi Motorcycles - nice looking - however I'd have a problem with that exhaust on the 4th pic..  :-\

A VELLY unfortunate company name.....................  :mwink:

DYNOJET - Proof that the Beemers still don't run properly! .............. 

RIEJU Motorcycles.......... not bad for a 250cc entry-level...?

50cc - sure does not look like it?

These "Spaceships"are actually restaurants & eateries............ fantastic design!

Bling-bling for the BMW F800

Cannot remember which stand or company............ but do remember the  :drif: :drif: :drif: :drif:

Panoramic view of HONDA's stand................ this was half of it!!

The new HONDA CrossTourer - THIS is a really nice machine and I'm looking forward to taking it for a test-ride!!  :thumleft:

The iconic Honda Goldwing - Armchair comfort!

and then I ran out of posting space - continued in part 2!