EICMA 2011 - The Bikes - Day 2 - Part2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
HEADBANGER Motorcycles - what can I say....?
They noticed we were coming to EICMA and we received a personal invite to see their stand and enjoy a drink.............. however we noticed their dissappointment when we explained that we preferred "the road less travelled" vehicles.
Stunning bikes and amazing designs however.............................

Now one thing we did notice - A LOT!!!!! is the introduction of Battery-powered bikes. From normal commuters to scrambles and MX bikes - they are all there. I understand the design and can see that possibly in the future - this would be the way to go.... but I cannot get my mind around the fact that you have to ride with a moerse battery pack underneath your seat..........................  :-\

Design however is fantastic and I loved the cross-section of the bikes to show the functioning bits!

:drif: :drif: :drif:  I do like these..................

Wifey insisted on some Harley pics...............  :thumleft:

.................. but I was blown away by this MEAN MUFTHA of a TRIUMPH.................. DAMN!!!!!  :drif: :drif: :drif: :drif: :drif:

CUSTOM Bikes - these are technical marvels............... no other

:thumleft:

RTW Harley Davidson! ......... lekker....

The Twin-Turbo charged BMW-GS............  wonder what this does to the Motorrad warranty  >:D

Nogga Vespa.........

Now this was quite an interesting Chinese 400cc DS Concept bike............

Novel Bike-training simulator...........  :mwink:

Classic and stylish Bicycle.......... love the design and the fact that it's even got a brolley-golder!!

AND THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do we spot outside.... and what's all the excitement about....?  :mwink: :mwink: :mwink: :mwink:

no captions and I apologise for the poor quality pics... but we were outside the arena....!  :thumleft:

and then............... what's this............ aahhhh due to the Euro and Economic downturn... KTM's new little Duke has arrived. A little skinnier than what I expected....... but extremely light on petrol..... the ONLY problem is you cannot ride it in the rain...!!!  :deal:

:peepwall:

:ricky:

KTM had a couple of the Duke's here to allow the punters to test them out.... nice touch!

Touring DUCATI - glorius red - wif panniers!!

I really liked this new Trax-type topbox - allowed 2 helmets!

Touratech's stand........... the one exhibit I did not bother with............ not because they don't have nice goodies......... just that there were so many other "bling" manufacturers  and the TT okes were all Italian and could not speak any Angleesh  :mwink: