Enduro / Dirt Bike Rider Training

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GEE-SH

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Good Morning all,

Since I made the transition from road bikes to the 300 KTM, I keep on learning (mostly the hard way) how to hang onto the dragon - already the proud sufferer of broken ribs as a result.  ::) :-[

I've also met a bunch of awesome people that CAN ride dirt bikes, but also people that would like to start to ride, or like me, improve their skills so to be confident enough to enter enduro events.  Surprising to me was the number of ladies that are also eager to try their hands, but felt intimidated, as it is perceived to be a ''man-thing''.

This had me wondering if there are perhaps some skillful riders in the PE area that are able to offer proper beginner - intermediate training days / weekends etc, (at a fee obviously).  We would also need a lady to offer lessons to the greenhorn ladies....Tanya Burger...nudge nudge. 

I have contacted Auto Motorcycles, but it seems that it is not easy to find someone that is willing to help, mainly due to brand limitations.

It does not have to be overly formal, but merely the basics, such as how to properly setup the bike, compress the suspension, riding ruts and deep sand, lifting the front wheel over an obstacle, balancing, etc.  It can be at the Rover track with an out ride at the end of the training days(s) - definitely not a ride up kaalvoet pad or a boulder hill, hillclimb hahaha.

I know we have plenty of very skillful riders in PE, I've seen amazing talent at the Bridgemead rides, it should not be hard to arrange the intended training, so don't be modest please share your knowledge with us mere tyros and grow the exiting world of enduro / dirt bike riding.

Once we have the said setup, we can plan on how to spread the news and possible sponsorship, etc.

All input will be appreciated.

Regards

Jacques