Eventlogger for TomTom (GPS Tracking and auto Google Maps)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Baldy

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Guys

TomTom owners may not be aware of the great utility called "Eventlogger"

https://web.tiscali.it/macri/Event_Logger/

It provides a fully configurable GPS Tracking functionality which I find incredibly useful for geotagging photos autmoatically, using GeoSetter.

The Eventlogger can be set to automatically keep a breadcrumb trail of your trip (fully automatic and runs in the background), and it also provides new buttons on the TomTom menu system to allow you to automatically log a new position to your POI database or to an Itinerary file.

This is really cool if you want to log where you stopped to take a photo, for example (just press the menu button to log a POI location), and then when you get home, you download the GPS trail and merge your photos with Geosetter, and you can get a fully automatic Google Map that shows exactly where you rode, and it even links your photos to that trail on the Google Map, so you can see exactly where each photo was taken, and it provides a full detailed statistics of your trip with average speed, maximum speed, elevation, and all sorts of interesting stuff.

Very powerful and FREE utility (if you use an older version than the latest version)

I run it on my ancient TomTOm One Second Edition, and it works great.