EVS Ballistics Jacket-Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EtienneNXR

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
Bike riding is great, but ATGATT in South African heat can be hectic!

I was literally getting sick from heat exhaustion from slow riding in my jacket, so I just had to do something about it.

Your options basically are:

Ride without body armor- not an option
MX type roost vest- still needs elbow protection
Ballistics jacket- all in one armor, lots of option availible

The EVS offers protection on the chest, shoulders, back and elbows, it also has a kidney belt in.
3423-1.jpg

435334.jpg

7867.jpg

The material is like a mesh type, which allows for great airflow. It zips up like a normal jacket, and the elbow protection is adjustable.
Although it looks heavy to wear, you hardly notice when you have it on due to the material the armor is made from

Did 2 hours of track riding with it today, and the airflow is awesome, i took down three little port jackson tree's today with my body and bike ;D , and I didn't get hurt at all.

The only the is, I'm having trouble turning my head to look back, the front of my helmet pushes against the armor, but you quickly get used to turning your head upward.

At R 2 522.35 , it is one of the more expensive ones around, but you can clearly see the quality of this product, compared to some of the other options, although at the end of the day, they all offer the same protection.

Latest posts