Finding Spots for and space on a CRF250L

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
I needed a runabout and invested in a 2013 Honda CRF250L.It will do duty on the farm over Decembers and hopefully my son will accompany me on Tankwa trips, but it will spend most of its time in suburbia and surrounds. So I need to be seen, and see when I do ride at night.
Unlike big adventure bikes with fixed fairings and crash bars, the CRF250L has limited space to fit spots - and the light turns with the handlebar.
I found space to mount spots - the upper front light mounting bolts are ideal, but then the spots should be special too as there is not too much room to play with, and too heavy lights might just cause unnecessary stress on the front light sub assembly.
I looked through my spots stock and found these 1000 Lumen Street LED spots. They are not made for 200km/h down the N1 on a dark Sunday night - they are not pin stripe spots. Rather, they have a wide angle work-light-type beam, meaning that they will illuminate a wide area in front of the bike with an evenly spread beam. They are black, sexy, and most important, they are really small and light - small enough to fit in the area to my disposal. For 1000 lumen these lights are extremely bright, and the wide beam makes them ideal daytime driving lights. With them lit drivers look at the lights from all angles like a moth to a flame.
https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-motorcycle-accessories-styling/tableview/street-led-spot-light-set-+-1000-lumen-plus-handlebar-switch-and-loom/1001358618040910005452209

Attachments

• StreetLEDSpot1000Lumen.JPG
    StreetLEDSpot1000Lumen.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 96
  • StreetLEDSpot1000LumenLoom.JPG
    StreetLEDSpot1000LumenLoom.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 97

Latest posts