Fish Hoek to Coffee Bay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DisasterRelief

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Day 1 Fish Hoek to Montagu 26 April 222 km

The plan is more or less to go solo, get to Coffee bay and spend a few days there. I head off on 26 April after writing an exam the previous day.

I have E09s on front and back and have done about 150 km on them, all tar, before I left.

So I started my solo trip with my buddy Bruce. The idea that he rides along for two days, before I leave him with his family and set off by myself. It was wet leaving Cape Town around 3pm and both of us on knobblies meant going real slow. Went over Sir Lowrys and then onto Villiersdorp where we took gravel to Robertson. It was dark by the time we got to the gravel and it made for some interesting ridding on the wet gravel.

We got to Montagu and stayed over at the De Bos. Walked to a local restaurant where the ambiance was obviously intended to provide a more romantic dinner stetting than two blokes in bikes might have been after. Oh well, popped into the pub across the road after dinner for a manly double brandy and coke.

The start at Bruce's place
GdUZezH.jpg

At Grabouw
P4BN3O7.jpg