Fitting the centrestand on the DL1000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hanco

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
So I fitted the centrestand on the DL the weekend and took a few pictures to show how it is done.... according to the manual it should only be done by a qualified technitian, but I promise you it is really simple. It has four bolts, a grommet, a spacer and bolt to prevent it from hitting the exhast and a spring. Simple and easy!

1) The first thing to do is unpack the stand and fittings (pic1);
2) Secure the grommet onto the centre stand (pic 2, 3 and 4);
3) Have a look at the mounting brackets. They differ as the one on the right hand side of the bike has the locator for the spring. If you fit this to the wrong side it simply wont work haha (pic5);
4) Locate the mounting points under the bike (pic 6 and a close up in pic 7, pic 8 shows the bracket onto the mounting points);
5) Pic 9 shows the bolts. There are two on a side, the m10x1.25x35 and the m8x35 (small one and a big one);
6) Set up the stand with the brackets and bolt onto the bike (pic10);
7) The sequence for the bolting is bolt, washer, mounting bracket, spacer then bike (pic11). This will entain that there is a spacer between the inside of the mounting bracket and the mounting on the bike (pic12);
8) Next is the distance spacer (pic13). This is bolted onto the underside of the exhaust on the left hand side of the bike (pic14 and pic15 for the close up view). Pic16 shows the final assembly;
9) Lastly is the spring (pic17). This is a double spring and it is hard to pull both simultaneously so I first secured the one (pic18) and then the second (pic 19).

Pic 20 shows the final assembly. Lastly ensure that the bolts are torqued to the specifications in the manual and then enjoy the stand (pic 21 and pic22).

I hope this was informative. Enjoy

Attachments

• 2 grommet.JPG
    2 grommet.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 3 pulling grommet through.JPG
    3 pulling grommet through.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 4 stand with grommet.JPG
    4 stand with grommet.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 5 mounting brackets.JPG