Flames On My Tank - Relaunch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowsprit

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1100GS
Many of you have read or recommended my motorcycle website www.flamesonmytank.co.za over the past 13 years it has been in existence - thanks for that !! The website's main aim is motorcycle education and safety and every visitor is a personal victory for me as I know that 1 more rider is better informed. It has been a privileged for me to contribute something back to the lifestyle that I love most.

Today despite not being updated much in the last 5 years the website still attracts 10 000 visitors a month and is the most read motorcycle resource of its kind on the Internet (read, not merely visited). Parts of it have gone to print overseas and the site has been translated into more languages than I can remember.

2012 marks the re-launch of the website in a fresh new format, updated content, updated information and new objectives that allows comments, debate and interaction. The new initiative starts with various appearances on Talk Radio 702 "Motorcycle Diaries", (the next one being this Sunday 18 Dec at 9:40am.)

I hope to have your continued support in driving a whole new generation of motorcyclists to the website, allowing them to join our ranks easily and safely.

One major differences with the new website will be the opportunities for brands, companies, and importers to showcase their wares and educate riders to make good choices (like buy your most excellent product !!  ;D )  When you consider that the average reader of flamesonmytank is the novice rider who is yet to spend any real money, you can appreciate what a valuable audience this is.

NOTE: The website will not sell any of its own products - the focus from my side will still be information. The selling platform I will leave to the various established stakeholders. Other riders are most welcome to contribute in any format.

I hope to have your continued support in this new chapter for flamesonmytank.co.za - not only from riders but from vendors as well.

Steve Eilertsen
Owner and author flamesonmytank