FMX Sponsorship by Proaction KTM!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twiggy

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
My idea of the best alarm in the morning is the roar of an engine, the smell of 2 stroke and petrol instead of bacon and eggs and the knowledge that tomorrow, it’s going to hurt. I love the idea that I can wake in the mornings and know, on my bike I will overcome obstacles, sweat, swear like a sailor, bruise, bleed and fight. I live for this feeling. I am an ultimate biker. The addiction that I live with leaves me often broken, bruised, in pain and with the best euphoria nothing else in the world can give.

I started riding after many years of wanting to, a mere two years ago. I started with a 990 adventure, in a parking lot with a pillion. We sent the pillion for psychological testing right after that. I started track riding, loving the speed, although I was slower than a granny with a Zimmer frame at first. But I had a passion, glowing deep inside me. Soon I had dropped over a minute and within a few months of me having never touched a bike, I got my knee down. I started commuting, doing breakfast runs, being a pit girl, going to ET and touring the country and neighbouring countries on a bike. I would have slept with my bike in my bed if I could.

But I was only a road bunny, thinking off road was MX and that rocks were for Dassies, boy was I wrong. One fateful day my boss lent me his KDX 200 and I learnt a type of riding that left me with not only a slipped disk, but a new found place to push my limits. So every weekend off I went with the little green peril and found a new punishment for myself and the bike. Within a few months I had done Daytona, Mariasburg and 3 fences De Wildt – epic ride with broken ribs. I can wheelie my bike, ride with no hands, sit side saddle, stand on the saddle and generally do stupid things. I still did road biking, loving the power, but I had become a dirt biker.

About  9 months in, I could outride a lot of the guys I ride with, do things that would have my mother in the mental institute and my favourite thing to do on a bike, was fly. Now the jumping the KDX is like trying to get an obese chick to do show jumping, not ideal, but I still did it. I found out later that it’s called free riding.
So one fateful day at Mariasburg while I was launching myself OFF the big Dunes, with the guys on the ride contemplating my sanity, I met a FMX rider. We started chatting and he asked me if I had ever thought of doing FMX? I had always loved it, even when I couldn’t tell my four strokes from two, but me, actually do it? It’s a dream I couldn’t even conceptualise. But with some advice and support from a road rider who I admire, I took up the offer of a few lessons. Within 3 lessons, having never seen an MX track, I had mastered consistency, could break line of vision and started getting my feet off the foot pegs over a table top.

Now I have this dream, this obsession, this addiction for flight. I have come to realise that the key components to this jumping thing is a touch of insanity, tick, dedication, tick, passion, tick, hard work, tick, lack of self preservation, tick and brass balls, tick. But I have been left with the age old problem, I cannot advance any more with the bike that I have. But I cannot get sponsorship without doing bigger and better tricks.

But I will not take this lying down, I am a fighter, if nothing else. I have got keys to The Compound, which I can practise on at any time. Originally this was not an option, I could use it only when it was open. But with some convincing, a little bit of charm and some compassion I have a training ground. I have sourced a Mechanic willing to do any work on my bike for me, free. Kawasaki South Africa have given me a support, any parts I need I can get at cost from the factory. I have sourced a foam pit, which is set up and ready to be ridden as soon as I get a bike that I can launch into thousands of litres of foam. I have a secondary pit, which is just waiting for foam to be added which I can use as well. I have huge discount on a full kit from a reputable dealer. I have changed my work schedule so that afternoons I can train, be it on the track or off. I have read every available FMX article, book or webpage I can get my little grubby paws on. I do martial arts to keep myself strong and flexible, train every morning and do free weights. I ride enduro every weekend to keep bike fitness up.
This is not a whim, this is my goal, Freestyle motor cross.

And if you give me money? What will you get out of it? Well advertising is one thing. Every guy looks at a girl when she is off loading her bike at the track, I am unique, I don’t even need to pull narly tricks to get noticed. I have done modelling, promotions and manage a pub. My road bike is parked outside that pub every night. I am on every social network site I can find. I am at different tracks every weekend, riding enduro or getting air. Being so passionate about this sport I am well known within all different circles. I know road riders, enduro riders, rally riders, trail bike riders, MX riders and FMX riders.  Oh and let’s not forget the huge tax break you get.

I have a dream, will you help me?

Please let me know, I have full quotes for everything I need to get started and a proposal of exactly where I am, and where I am going. ANYTHING is appreciated and ANYTHING (PG of course) I can do in return.
[email protected]
Thank you
Twiggy aka Keryn Ehlers

Attachments

• fmx69.jpg
    fmx69.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 468
  • f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 323
  • kdx2.jpg
    kdx2.jpg