• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale - '85 XT600 Tenere

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MudCakedFace

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
Howdy all, I have one lovely old lady in screaming custard yellow for sale.

This was Pom's project bike from a couple of months ago (documented at https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=8935.0). Runs like a dream. Subsequent work to the carb now sees her topping out at about 140 (try it if you have a strong neck), but she can happily play in the dirt all day long at a more sedate pace. Call her aged, call her classic, but just don't call her cute.

A good owner will know how to check/change oil, can repair a puncture and might possibly even consider restoring her to her orginal white-with-red-frame-and-decals paint job.

Given my nood status, I'd be stoooopid not to confess that I've dropped her 6 times (standing still  :xxbah:) and came off once at 15kpmh on gravel. Broken clutch and brake levers will naturally be replaced. Apart from that she starts first time (yep, kick start) and can probably pop a wheelie in the right hands.

Lending some colour to a post-winter garden:
11092008.jpg

Oozing character against a neo-bali backdrop:
11092008004.jpg

Oh, price...let's say in the region of R19k? That'll include an extra set of almost-new knobblies