• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE - BMW R80G/S 1981 model

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently bought a R80 GS as i am planning on riding around the world on two wheels  :ricky: ... and needing something solid and reliable, i couldnt ask for a better bike than this trusty airhead.......

alas it was not to be!! i have ridden this bike on the dirt a few times, once from himeville to nottingham road via loteni. And i find that the bike is just too small for me. being 6"5' is a bit of a drag as i keep banging my shins against the cylinders when i want to put my foot down, and on a recent liedown i couldnt get my foot down quick enough and ended up with a broken mirror and a rather gouged shin...... SO it is now for sale... :( :( :( and i am in the market for a much taller bike to suit my riding style. A Tenere or a KTM adventure if i can get my mits on one!!!

So to all of you out there who are interested, she is up for grabs(in for a clutch overhaul at the mo, she will be back by the weekend hopefully) All paper work accounted for( disk is till march 2011 me thinks) Offers are welcome. it is a standard R80 motor, with 1000cc barrels, new clutch, tyres are about 85% doesnt use a drop of oil. oh yeah... and now has only one mirror.  I am Asking R25000 onco for this here scoot.

Attachments

• BMW R80GS.jpg
    BMW R80GS.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 287
  • _DSC5669_400px.jpg
    _DSC5669_400px.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 287