• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale: Garmin GPSMap78s - SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacko

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
I'm selling an almost-new Garmin 78s - the successor to the famous 76s.

What makes it nice is its toughness - waterproof, it floats (really, I am not shitting you), can work on 12V or 2 AA batteries - so it can be used for hiking, hunting (gives you sun & moon tables, etc). Another nice feature is its surface calculater. Say you have a farm and you want to know exactly how big it is, then you drive/ride around the perimeter and it will calculate it for you.

It has an alarm and can send and receive waypoints & routes wirelessly to similar Garmin units. Onboard memory is huge, but one can add micro SD cards.

I throw in:

Southern Africa Streetmaps 2011. Reckon about R800.
A Ram cradle - the best there is. Worth about R500
2 x 12V power cables with four-pin plug - much tougher than the mini-USB connectors of some other units.

The antenna is so accurate and sensitive it works when I'm indoors. Fark knows how it is able to do that, but it does. It obviously does turn-by-turn city/road navigation, as well as being able to do straightline bundu navigation for geocaching, sailing, boating (it is actually a marine unit, just like the 276C was).

I used it in Lesotho this past week and I was once again impressed by this compact and robust piece of kit.

I'm looking at R3500 for the package.

It is still under warranty and if you have kark, contact Runner - I bought it from him. He can then abuse Garmin SA on you behalf. Result!  :biggrin:

Attachments

• G78s.JPG
    G78s.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 224