• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE: REAR BRAKE DISKS FOR BMW 1200 GS and Now Front too

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoedvark

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Morning Gents,

The Rear Brake disk on the 1200 GS and GSA Air Cooled (believe the RT and 1300S use the same disk)  models seems to eat brake pads and if you don't change them then the worn pad eats your rear disk. From BMW they somewhere in the region of R 4 000 currently I believe? Not sure if this is true???

5 years ago I had 3 Lazer Cut and have had one on my bike since, a friend has had one for about 4.5 years and the other was bought and put onto a bike by the guy who services my bike.( Have has another 8 cut over the years and no comebacks yet)  Mine and my mates are perfect. They a bit slippy when you first start with them and dont "BITE" immediately but after a ride or two down the road they bed in and the "BITE" is there like it should be.

A chap was looking for here on the forum so I have had 5 more cut.

The laser cutting and counter sink drilling for the attachment bolt heads and polishing cost me R 860 per disk. I'm adding on R 140 for my time and fuel running around East London to get the disks sorted and R 100 for Postnet to Postnet.

So I am prepared to sell them at R 1100 postnet postage included if anyone is interested?

How do you know if your disk is buggered? Slide your thumb and index finger over the disk from inside to outside one on the front and one at the back as you go around the disk. If it is smooth and flat you fine. If it is smooth but wavey in other words the thickness is not constant then your pads will not be flat and will be chowed even quicker.

Can do front disks at same price. They just don’t have the floating washers in. Few guys in PE fitting sets after they had them cut and will let me know the thickness of the washers needed so that the disk is centered in the break caliper.  Will update this post then.

Can contact me on

0h ate tree 7 ate ate won oh ate toooooooooo!

SPOED  :snorting:

Attachments

• brake disk 4.jpg
    brake disk 4.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 450
  • brake disk 2.jpg
    brake disk 2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 442