Forum Gurus, legal and otherwise - water in petrol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quicker

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi All,

My brother in law filled his car with R200 of 93 at Quellerie Park Total in Krugers Dorp…not long after, his engine went into "limbo" mode.

I towed him in, disconnected the the fuel line and ran fuel into two containers.  Both containers showed signs of water.

We contacted Total HQ, they prompted us to go to the station so that they can conduct tests.

So at the station Total conducted test by means of some testing stick which turns purple in the presence of water.  So the dude at the garage tests tank No.2 and it comes back negative, so my brother in law walks to the pump where he filled his car.  Now Total has slammed a notice on it which reads "pump out of order", moerse fight later, the "out of order pump" is fed from tank No.1.  So we proceeded to go and test tank No.1, and sure as shit it turns purple.

Call the station manager and he just says he wants nothing to do with it…his car's motor is probably shot to shit due to the water.

What can we do?! Who has fought such a fight before, I am infuriated beyond words due to the lying about the tanks in the first place, is it not fraud or some such, and the pis poor attitude of the station manager!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk