Friend broke collarbone in knysna - klr650 needs to go Durban or Nelspruit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi there,

My friend Brian broke his collarbone and two ribs two days ago when he slipped at Low speed, but made An unlucky fall on the gravelroad between Knysna and Avontuur.  We are now in Knysna, where he is getting surgery tomorrow agw. So end of his trip.

Brian (uk) was driving a Klr 650, 2001 usa model, I am driving a tenere xt600z from 1990.  Both are my bikes on a car-net de passage.
With the fall the klr's fairing got a bit Twisted, but nothing serious though.  Both bikes were serviced two weeks ago in Cape Town.

Plan was to drive up to Mozambique, possible Tanzania, but this will be out of the question now.

Plan B, will be to find someone to join on this trip to drive the klr to Nelspruit, where i have a friend to park the two bikes.  Doing baviaanskloof, Lesotho, sani pass, Durban, a national park, Swaziland and then Nelspruit.  Starting around 30/11 -1/12 till 17/12 when I am flying out of joburg.

Plans C, D, E,...are based on starting Point that i will continue alone. As mentioned, I have a safe storage in Nelspruit region, but ad this is far, I would definitely put the Klr on a trailer up to Durban, to win some km.
If i find storage in Durban, I could take my time driving both bikes up to Durban and forget Nelspruit.

So long Story for two basic questions:
1. Anyone Keen to join?
2. Anyone know any safe and free (or cheap) storage in Durban? ( For period of half year to Max 1 year, for two bikes)

Thanks,

Bart (from Belgium)