Friend in need - planning a trip to ZA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
Hi,

A friend from Seattle who has been on the road for more than two years now will soon be shipping his bike to South Africa. From there he will continue his journey to Europe.

I am originally from South Africa and have not been back there for more than five years, so could not really give him the most current information. Since I have enjoyed this site for some time now I have referred Chuck to this site and he will soon post on this thread for more information.

His username is quastdog and Chuck (Quast) will arrive in Cape Town as soon as next week to wait for his motorcycle (F650 Dakar) to arrive from Buenos Aires.

As is usual for a visitor, I am sure he would appreciate information on where it is safe to be and where not, as well as useful information on traveling to the neighboring countries.

Chuck will, however, follow on with more pertinent questions. I know one thing he was not sure about was the availability of maps for the rest of Africa in SA?

For those interested, here is Chucks website: https://web.mac.com/quastdog

Groete,
  Eugene