From a "lost" Captain Redheart, to a "new" Wolfman - Hi dogs!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfman

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
Hi there to all the dogs!

I've been following the forum for 4 or 5 years as Captain Redheart. Unfortunately someone relieved me of my laptop and all that info including my log-on details and passwords (old age) got lost!

No problem, I've set up a new profile: "Wolfman", and my pillian and love of my life Alida, will be known as "Little Red Riding Hood". So please accept this as my "new" introduction to the forum...

Been riding for some time. Had a couple of bikes over the years: In 1976 a Yamaha 50; 1978  a Suzuki 125 plastic; then after years of absence a few airheads: a rather old but willing 1980 BMW R100 RT, crashed it; then a wonderfull 1981 R100 RT; then the AWESOME 2005 R1200 RT (best tour bike ever!) - After 40,000km on that I ran out of the black stuff and had to convert to dirt roads, so I traded it in in 2007 for a 1200 GSA (effectionately referred to as "Pumba") and a new chapter in my life began!

I've had a few tumbles (who hasn't?); cracked a few ribs and so on (who hasn't), and then did the right thing - went on a few training coarses. I must admit, even after Meneer Staal couched me, I still manage to lay Pumba down with some indiscretion from time to time!

We've done long trips; short trips; medium trips and epic trips. Alone; with pillion and some times even in numbers. With some of the dogs from time to time and now also with BMW Pta club - it's all good!

I've started working on my own since 2011, so I'll hopefully have a bit of time to post every now and then. Maybe I could do some sharing of trips to come too and not just read about your adventures.

Kind regards

Wolfman
AKA Derek Lubbe