• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: 2009 KTM 690 Enduro R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAmBer

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
2009 KTM 690 Enduro R, 41200km with Akrapovic exhaust
  • Engine overhauled at 40000km (piston, barrel, conrod and big-end replaced).
  • New battery fitted last week.
  • Dunlop D606 front and rear tyres currently fitted, with ~80% tread left.
  • Washable air filter.
  • Cycra hand guards.

Work I've done on the bike during my 2 years of ownership:
  • Front forks last serviced by MP Custom Valve in Cape Town.
  • Uprated fuel pump and external filter fitted.
  • Sidestand cutout switch bypassed.
  • New chain slider fitted.
  • New water pump.
  • Rally-Raid UK Billet suspension linkage fitted.

This bike is a joy to ride. It's a nible, nippy little toy. The suspension of this model is the tallest in the 690 Enduro range, and it has the most ground clearance. It was serviced recently, with the engine overhaul at 40000km, and is ready to ride!

ITO the bike's condition, there are scratches and signs of use that you can see in the pictures; it's not spotless. But it's mechanically sound, and with the recent overhaul, the motor and gearbox internals are like new. It is a joy to ride. I had actually prepped this bike for rally racing, and spared no expense on the mechanicals. But after my first Amageza, I changed my mind and have switched to a smaller machine (450 KTM) for that purpose. I was keeping this bike for touring, but I find I use my 990 more for that purpose. And I've now simply run out of space for all my bikes!

So if you're looking for a pristine bike, then this is probably not for you. But if you're ok with some superficial wear and tear, then this may offer you a high performance, reliable bike at an affordable price.

The bike is currently in PE, but will be in Cape Town from May 2nd.

It's listed on Bumtree for R64k, but for the 'dogs, I'm happy to negotiate. Make me a reasonable offer, and the bike's yours.

Attachments

• IMG_20170423_111206.jpg
    IMG_20170423_111206.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 443