• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Funduro for sale - SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kykdaar

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zundapp (all models)
Funduro for sale

Considering that my riding preference is comfortable long distance cruising on gravel highway and tar on a mid-sized bike, I could not say no to the allure of a Honda twin in the form of a Transalp (650). 

Skillieâ??s wife's (what is this with me and ladies bikes  :patch:) Transalp has thus found a new home and, as a result, the Funduro must also move on to a new home. I would have liked to keep it as I have spent quite a bit of money on it since I bought it, but the two bikes are similar enough in application not to make that a feasible option.   

As is my habit, I make full and detailed disclosure of everything that I know about the bike, the accessories fitted, and what I have done to it thus far â??

Bike particulars â??

â?¢ According to BMW VIN Decoder the bike was manufactured in 1998/12;
â?¢ Sold new by Bavarian: Pre-delivery inspection date 1999/2/23;
â?¢ First licensed on 1999/2/25 according to the registration certificate;
â?¢ According to the service book, the bike was serviced / inspected by Bavarian at 1 000 (inspect) 10 000 (service), 20 000 (inspect) and 30 000km (service). 
â?¢ Current km reading is 50 777 (the damn clock did not want to be turned back further  ;);
â?¢ Colour code = 695 (Flammrot: â??flame red?â?)
â?¢ Rear Tyre: Annakee (nearly new);
â?¢ Centre stand;
â?¢ Bash plate.

Accessories (farkles) -

â?¢ BMW heated grips;
â?¢ BMW Topbox
â?¢ BMW luggage racks (bought from Camojo);
â?¢ 12V Hella power point socket (fitted by Groenie)

Repairs whilst under my ownership the last few months â??

â?¢ New rear brake pads;
â?¢ New o-ring chain and sprockets;
â?¢ Fitted seat lock mechanism
â?¢ New front TKC tyre;
â?¢ Rear shock completely rebuild with new bushes, seals, re-chrome, etc
â?¢ Full carb service
â?¢ New voltage rectifier;
â?¢ New voltage relay
â?¢ New spark plug caps (x2);
â?¢ New spark plugs (x2)
â?¢ New exhaust gaskets (x4);
â?¢ Valve adjustment;
â?¢ Steering neck bearings and seals replacement (Proper NSK bearings: HR30205J and not the BMW k@rk made in Bulgaria together with 2x new rubber/metal seals) ;

Summary-

Bike now gets 21km/litre and runs very well. Uses no oil. All electrics works perfectly and everything is 100% original. No dents, scratches, cracks or any other damage.

I think you will be hard pressed to find a cleaner late-model Funduro with most of the common issues affecting these bikes already sorted out and without having to fork out any additional money on new tyres, sprockets, etc. Get on and ride away courtesy of Kykdaar and his obsessive compulsive behaviour. :biggrin:

Price: R28 500 (neg). This price only apply to members or their friends. When I advertise outside it will be for more.

Pictures - 

Attachments

• Funduro 3.jpg
    Funduro 3.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 465
  • Funduro 1.jpg
    Funduro 1.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 458
  • Funduro 2.jpg
    Funduro 2.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 442
  • Funduro 5.jpg