Garden Route toy run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

letsgofishing

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
" It's chucking it down in George - what's it like in Sedgefield?"

"We've only had some drizzle, but it's cleared a bit in the last half hour. See you after 10?"

Riiiight!!!

5 minutes after I leave home, have filled up with petrol and am waiting for the George bunch to make their way to Sedge, it starts raining!

Earlier, TR had called from Glentana to say it was raining buckets. I called a hotel in Knysna and they said there was a bit of drizzle. This sequence of to and fro calls continued for about an hour. Then the excuses started:
" The TKC's aren't so great in the wet"
"My rear's really smooth"
"it's not worth getting sick"
etc.!  ::)
What a bunch of fair weather riders  ;)

The riders from MosselBay and George were meant to leave George at 9:30 and arrive in Sedge at +- 10:00.

P1000526.jpg

A wet Sunday in Sedgefield

P1000525.jpg

At 10:25, I'm still waiting in the rain.
Apparently, there was an accident involving 3 bikes outside Wilderness - don't know exactly what happened, but there were no serious injuries.
Eventually, the REAL bikers arrive  :pot: - Pad, Dusty and Smidty. I hook up with them at the lights and we make our way slowly to Knysna. We were meant to all meet up at the backpackers in Buffels and ride en masse to Knysna, but what with the weather and time delays, the straggly bunches made their wet way to the angling club in Knysna.

P1000527.jpg

P1000528.jpg

P1000542.jpg

P1000541.jpg

As usual, most of the bikes were tar burners.

P1000529.jpg

The folks selling food and drink must have over-catered horribly - I guess there were only a hundred or so dedicated souls who braved the weather.Last year , in the Plett run, I think there were over 400 bikers.

P1000530.jpg

The steaming bunch of bikers inside the angling club.

P1000533.jpg

P1000537.jpg

The new Garden Route Real DS Bikers Committee:
from left to right : Smidty - Treasurer, LGF - Drinks Break Organiser, Pad - Cheersman, Dusty - WaterMeid  ;D
After a few warming drinks (great day for Milk Stout  ;)), the we started warming up/drying out and the rain more or less stopped.

P1000535.jpg

We thought we'd move outside, but the sign kept us indoors!

P1000536.jpg

Some entertainment for the kids who were there.

P1000538.jpg

Knysna not at its best.

Thanks guys and guyess for making the effort!
LGF