Gauteng 12th October Potch via Railway Service roads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
What a Day  ;D

Started off with 8 Dogs

Then 2 left and 6 continued.

300Kms

2 Punctures

2 Falls

Loads of Fun

We all met up at The Sasol Cnr H Potgieter and N14

I'm not good with names so please forgive me

We Had

Jules    KLR
Li          KLR
Pistol    KTM 525 (I think)
Shane (WD Nick?)  1200GS
Usurper  650GS
Philip (Not a WD YET)  800GS
Stroom  650GS
Zerc 1150GS

Meet and Greet

potchoct1.jpg

potchoct2.jpg

potchoct3.jpg

Pistol and Shane had other commitments so they headed back at the halfway point to Potch, Nice to have you guys along.

We had a VERY hot summers day with loads of varying terrain to keep things interesting
As usual the service roads were fantastic its lovely to have the roads to yourself with no other traffic about, not counting the odd squirrel, Buck, guinea fowl or pedestrian.

Li at the first rest stop
potchoct4.jpg

potchoct5.jpg

potchoct6.jpg

The Little hill. A sudden drop with nice lose rocks, just right to get the blood pumping
potchoct7.jpg

potchoct8.jpg

potchoct9.jpg

potchoct13.jpg

potchoct10.jpg

We got to Potch at around 10am and had a lekka breekie at Die Akker Restaurant. Good Food!

Zerc had to head home so he left Potch via tar after brunch.

The Remaining few hopped on the nearest service road towards Fochville and on to Lenasia.

potchoct14.jpg

potchoct15.jpg

potchoct16.jpg

potchoct18.jpg

At one point we had to turn around on the tweespoor and Philip had the good luck to drop his BRAND new F800GS with no one around to take any pictures. It was a very slow speed drop so no damage to the bike the rider did damage his foot a little, but I don't think it was too bad. He didn't want to re enact the drop for us to capture on film so you have to take my word for it  ;D

Stroom's rear tire started loosing air and we "Bombed" it a few times on the way home but eventually we had to "repair" the leak
Tubeless for the Win. It took a few minutes and we were on our way again.
potchoct19.jpg

potchoct20.jpg

Hmmmm Rusty Nail!
potchoct22.jpg

potchoct23.jpg

Towards the end of the trip Stroom, Usurper and I did the mountain crossing which was a lot of fun, Usurper was so happy at how well he handled the technical stuff he decided to do a HARD dismount where we joined up with the sand roads again. It looked spectacular with loads of dust and broken indicators all over the place. Nothing to serious and Bike and Rider were back on the road in no time although I'm sure he will be a little stiff in the morning  :( Stroom did take some pics I'm sure he will post them soon.

From there it was a sort sandy stretch back to tar that led us via Krugersdorp to home. Now this should be the end of the report but wont you know it 3km's from home Li gets a puncture and as USUAL its the rear wheel :mad: I was about to do the whole tube replacement thing but decided to call our friendly neighbor to come and fetch the bike in his bakkie.  Its standing outside with  flat wheel. I will get to it later Ek is nou moeg!

Thanks so much for joining us on this ride it was fantastic to spend the day out with you!

Till the next one

Jules and Li