Gauteng 19th October. North Canal Roads and The Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
We put the "ADVENTURE" in adventure biking

Holly Cow What a day it was, i knew last night with the rain we had we would have some interesting moments today and I was right.

First of the day started very well it was nice and cool and no dust, Perfect WildDog weather.

Li and I met up with a few WD's at the Total in Malibongwe and then met up with the rest at Umfula

I think we were 14 that left Umfula at around 7:30

I don't know if I got everyones names but here goes

08 KLR650's
Jules
Li
Gadgetman
JDB

KLE
Skeletor + Pillion

BMW 1150
Zerc
SaDiveMaster

BMW 650GS
Matt ?

BMW HP2
Dean

BMW 800GS
Helen

TransAlpmud's    ;)
Roek
Eventually

Honda XR650?

Sorry if I didn't remember your name I do remember the face. Will fill it all in later.

Everything started off great until the first small mud crossing when we discovered that the TransAlp has a long standing feud with the MudMonster.

The combination of road tires and very low front mudguard means that the front wheel gunks up with mud and stops turning while the rear just spins away wildly causing some "interesting" moments for the riders.

After Roek and Eventually both went down twice we decided to remove the front mud guards from both bikes which helped a lot Unfortunately the riders became rather more dirty without the front mud guard in place but at least they stayed on their bikes.

Helen on her new 800GS had some moments in the mud and dropped her bike 3 times during the trip, the last drop resulting in a badly injured shoulder and as such she was unable to continue, Dean decided it would be best to go and get his bakkie and JDB followed on Helen's 800 and then rode back with Dean in the bakkie. A few of us headed to Beestekrall to go and get lunch for everyone while the rest waited with Helen. It was rather pleasant under the trees next to the fast flowing canal and we had a very lekker "kuier" for a few hours. Helen I hope you are alright, please let us know what's happening with your shoulder.  ;)

Zerc also had a tumble on the way back with lunch but nothing too serious

Dean and JDB arived back at around 2pm and the remaining few of us decided we would go and take a look at the rock anyway.

We were

Jules
Li
Roek
Eventually
Zerc
JDB

Zerc JDB Roek and Myself did the rock and had a ball.

After the rock we headed via tar to Bakgat for some refreshments and then on home.

As I said it was a long day, Left home at 6:20am and got back at 17:30am
Total distance 300km

But even with all the drama it was still an awesome way to spend a day

Please add all your pictures and fill in the missing names and "nicks" for me please

Till the Next one

canrockoct1.jpg

canrockoct3.jpg

canrockoct5.jpg

canrockoct6.jpg

canrockoct7.jpg

canrockoct8.jpg

canrockoct9.jpg

canrockoct10.jpg

canrockoct11.jpg

canrockoct14.jpg

canrockoct16.jpg