Gauteng Dirt Bronco Off-road Toy-run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johang

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Mark, Malibu and I planned to go to the Hekpoort sand farm where we normally do our training to go and work on some new exercises.  However, the only constant in life is change.  Herman phoned to ask if we would assist with the Off-road toy run starting at Dirt Bronco and Joggie/Jannie sms’ed and asked if we would join the Centurion toy run.

Choices, choices.  With the road-based one Puddles could go with on the back, crutches and all.  The off-road one I can take the 450.  In the end the off-road one scored the most and going with the F800GS took preference as I could be back earlier and take it more “rustig” seeing that the wrist is still in process of trying to get the flex it needs.

Herman, Serf and I met at the Engen garage at Castle Walk.  Gwen would join us at the Petro Port.  Unfortunately the gate at the complex where Gwen stayed was not working and she could not get out.

Having a quick coffee and breakfast – Herman and Serf.

PB285433.jpg

Did you know that Herman is also the President of the CMA Off-road chapter in the Moreletta Park area, now you do so contact him if you are interested in joining like-minded riders with a specific purpose!

Malibu and Mark were already at Dirt Bronco as well as other guys from the CMA Chapters and a whole lot of quads and dirt bikes.

The route was well marked and started with the marshall’s bikes.

PB285436.jpg

There was even a his and hers.

PB285439.jpg

We took a quick ride around the mine dumps to give a final marking to the post toy-run ride.  Really nice route set out by the guys from Dirt Bronco.

Start of the mass ride at Dirt Bronco.

PB285445.jpg

Quads and dirt bikes in town.  Unleashing these bikes into town is a “challenging” experience.

PB285451.jpg

PB285450.jpg

PB285449.jpg

PB285453.jpg

Young and old.

PB285460.jpg

Bikes and quads in the parking area near the shopping centre.

PB285458.jpg

PB285457.jpg

PB285456.jpg

PB285455.jpg

And this is what we came for, everyone contributing, it is great.  Would be nice the see the faces of the recipients. Merry Christmas in advance.

PB285460.jpg

PB285459.jpg

On the loop Malibu and Herman were assisting and shadowing a family of new quadders.  Mark hardy helped another guy on a bike that looked like an old Suzuki PE 175 but was of some Chinese name.  Mark and Malibu not only teaches introductory and more advanced tech sessions, they also live it.  Mark carried the right tools to help this guy so that he and his friend can be off on their merry way.  Serf assisted a girl that ended with a quad on her when they tried to go up a steep embankment and got the quad rolling back on them.  Not just control from the marshall’s but giving help where they can to fellow bikers.

At the end there was a little mud section that provided for a lot of fun.  This aok on the quad did not make it, getting his quad’s diff stuck on the “middle-mannetjie” then trying to get it out landed more in the mud than going forward.

PB285464.jpg

PB285462.jpg

PB285471.jpg

PB285465.jpg

PB285473.jpg

PB285465.jpg

The quads really turned up the mud and the rocks underneath.

Mark coming through…

PB285466.jpg

PB285467.jpg

Herman waiting his turn in the rain and then going through

PB285469.jpg

PB285475.jpg

PB285474.jpg

PB285476.jpg

Our machines, evidence that I have gone “orange”

PB285480.jpg

PB285482.jpg

An interesting experience.  CMA Off-road chapter and ADA working together with the guys from Dirt Bronco.