Gauteng Dogs to WP Outriders Festival by TRAIN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweetie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Anybody want to join me on a trip to the WP outriders Festival at Kambati, by train ?

Due to the train schedules, it is unfortunate that they do NOT run on Thursdays, thus we have to catch the Wednesday train to Worscester. The intention is to travel by train from Johannesburg to Worscester leaving Wednesday 24th 10h30, and arriving Thursday 25th at Worscester 09h25.

Because we are a day early for the bash at Kambati, we are to do dirt in the Karoo then a mountain pass, where we sleep over, then do some serious coastal dirt the Friday, ending up at the bash at Kambati late Friday afternoon. Alternatively we can do some serious dirt in the Worscester area the Thursday, ending up in the Cape Town area Thursday night, and joining the Cape guys on their run up to Kambati early Friday morning.

Enjoy all the BASH activities, until Sunday morning, then run back to Worscester with a dog or two who live in the area ( Ekhetoknbike & Rassie800). Where we board the train Sun 28th March 15h25. Have a good rest on the train (because by then I can assure you the BASH will have hammered us all !!) Have a good rest the Sunday evening on the train back to Johannesburg, arriving Monday 15h20. The trip and meals etc, on the train are said to be great and good value for money.

The cost for the return train trip, with your bike, and bedding is R 3 150.00 per person and bike.  This excludes the gravel travel all over the week end, accommodation the Thursday night, the bash costs etc. This may look excessive, but if you consider the tyre wear & tear and days in the saddle with all required accommodation etc,  to get into the area, before you actually do dirt,  its actually a very good deal. 
If we decide to do go up to the Bash on the Friday with the Cape WD's, we'll do the tent thing in Somerset West at Fullyautomatix's house on the lawn - MAHALA !!
What ever we do eventually do, I can assure you, attending the WP bash is always a very rewarding experience, with GREAT dogs putting together a really special BASH every year.
ONCE you have EXPERIENCED a WP Bash, you will make plans there-after to RETURN yearly or at least bi-annually.

The intention of this post is to gauge who, from Gauteng would be interested, then we can make further arrangements for the actual booking of the train etc. The idea it to try get all the dogs  ( and those with partners)  booked in the same coach / cabins. There are 2 birth and 4 berth cabins, an every coach.

THIS IS A RARE OPPORTUINITY TO COMFORTABLY SUPPORT AND ATTEND THE WP-OUTRIDERS FESTIVAL, MEETING NEW DOGS AND HAVING AN UNFORGETABLE WEEKEND WITH THE WP-DOGS. (THESE GUYS KNOW HOW TO PUT TOGETHER A BASH !! BIG TIME !!)

ANY TAKERS or interested dogs ?  Please PM me and I’ll form a list.