Getting a bigger bike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomad_za

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR-Z 400
I bought my first scooter in 2010 and quickly racked up 16000km commuting some 50km a day to work and back. Bought a '09 Suzuki DR200 in 2012 which I have been riding ever since.

I am contemplating buying a bigger bike now and although I have been reading the forum for some time this is my first post.

I would want to use the bike for commuting to work and occasionally a longer rides that might not stop when the tarmac does. I really like the idea of a Honda NC700. Fuel efficient, looks great and from what i've heard its relatively cheap to maintain with no known big problems.

I have found that there are a few available in JHB and Durban for between R50-60K which I am in the process of justifying for myself. I would have to finance a portion of the bikes cost so mostly looking at dealers at the moment. There are private sellers with some good deals but p2p finance is really expensive based on previous experience.

Your ideas about the new bike choice would be appreciated and also How I would get somebody to view the bike in JHB (I am in CPT)