Gift for my Dad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_wes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Harley Davidson (all models)
In the late 70s and early 80s my old man used to ride offroad in Namibia. He was a Honda man - first a XR200 or XL200 (can't remember) then in '81 a brand new Pro-Link XR500R - the legend. Reports would have it that it was the 13th one imported - there were 12 in a container, and my dad said "I want one from the first shipment!", the Honda guy said "sorry, all sold!" and my dad's response was "I want the first one in the second container!!".

I got hold of all his old photos the other day, scanned them, picked my favourites and have put together a small coffee table book as a surprise that should arrive in a couple of weeks.

I've uploaded an an online preview of it (the quality of the preview is crappy). There are no titles, captions, etc (mainly because I don't really know what's going on in most of the pics, but also because they require no captions). Included are some pics he and my uncle took to the Richtersveld. My dad is the handsome young man on the page right after the shot of his beast. That photo originally had him missing a tooth (when I was a kid I drew on the photo and scratched out his tooth, the naughty bugger I was) - I kindly photoshopped his tooth back in for him :)

Take a look:
https://www.mynameiswes.co.za/book/Default.html