GIFT FROM A GRATEFUL CLIENT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIMBO

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR350
Look what I have got.

DSC00229Copy.jpg

It is a 1200cc Suzuki Bandit.  2006 model.  It is Air/Oil cooled with Carburettors.  Interestingly I has the 2007 and later chassis (Which is liquid cooled and Fuel Injected) with improved brakes and suspension. 

I got to grips with it in a few hundred kilometers around town, and then took it to Sabie, Hazyview (The twenty two), Bourkes Luck, Long Tom Pass etc.  Wow, I thought I was through with Super Bikes, but not yet.

DSC00236Copy.jpg

It does a satisfying 21 km/l at slightly above traffic speeds, but can really use fuel (Around 12,5 km/l) when you are really enjoying it, as in Sabie - Lydenburg - Sabie.  It is like riding a cloud, and does what you are thinking it should do.  It looks like it can top out at more than 260km/h in the lowveld, but it is the rock-solid cornering that appeals to me.  I have significantly narrowed the chicken-strips. 

The slightly sitting up riding position is very comfortable.  (But Pillionpup says she prefers the KLR).  The Bandit is made to do distance.  I am going to keep it.