GoPro Hero (Silent 1) and EyeFi SD Card

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntVan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Within the combined wisdom of this forum, can anyone tell me if a GoPro Hero HD (1st generation) will accept the close proximity of a Sandisk Eye-Fi SD card 8GB in it's nether regions? The interwebs is full of contradiction, but perhaps this here wise people will grant me relevant insights if I refrain from mentioning the word BMW in one of my posts.

EDIT: Eye-Fi is a brand of SD-card that, in addition to the memory, also carries a small WiFi device in the same SD form factor. Effectively what it does is to enable supported cameras to the 'internet of things' domain. In my case, I can now put my camera down inside my house, where if it is left on it will connect to the wifi and automatically download all the photos on the card to a designated repository. I can now also get away without a Hero 2 since my GoPro can push photos and videos to my phone, or my home network. The use of seeing a photo on the phone is that the Hero does not have an LCD screen, and now you van aim it, take a photo, upload, check, and adjust etc.